Its that time of year again a little earlier than normal but the release of the new version of Ad-Aware is upon us.
This time called Ad-Aware Anniversary Edition in celebration of lavasofts 10 years fighting crime err I mean adware, It has a new look as you can see in the screenshot it still will be available in its three flavours of free plus and pro each with new features and and an even faster scanning engine.
The full comparison chart is below.
I and many others have been beta testing this version and its easily the best version released in the last view years it is faster and uses far less resources not only that but all versions now include automatic updates pinpoint scanning [being able to click a file and scaning it] and real time protection against malicious processes with a basic level of Ad-Watch live.
I really recommend this it is certainly the best version in the last couple of years and defiantly the best value for more infomation and to download Ad-Aware Anniversary Edtion Click Here
Press release from lavasoft HQ
New Ad-Aware Version Marks 10-Year Anniversary
Gothenburg, Sweden (January 20, 2009) Well-known anti-spyware pioneer Lavasoft today announced the global release of Ad-Aware – Anniversary Edition, the latest version of their flagship product that celebrates 10 years at the forefront of malware detection and removal.
“We were the first on the global market with anti-spyware protection when it was still largely unknown. And now with a decade behind us as a leader in the anti-malware industry, we know that today’s computer users need advanced technology that comes in the form of a light, easy-to-use product,” said Lavasoft CEO Jason King.
King continued, “We have focused our efforts for this new version on our core competence for online security – blocking, detection, removal, and clean-up – and we have poured our technological advances in these core areas instead of simply adding more bells and whistles that generally add to the strain on a user’s computer.”
The repair and clean-up of files after a malware infection is one of the main competitive advantages for Ad-Aware. Most companies today are good at finding and removing malware, but there is a final step of repairing and cleaning-up the aftermath of a computer infection that distinguishes Ad-Aware from other products on the market.
· Radically reduced computer resource use: Only 18% of CPU during scans – Improved 60% over the previous version, and markedly better than top competitors including AVG, Kaspersky, Norton 360, and PC Tools
· Rapid scans hitting 36 MB per second: Top scanning speed over AVG, Kaspersky, Norton, and PC Tools
· Behavior-based heuristics methodology to pinpoint the newest forms of malware
· Overhauled real-time blocking with the newly integrated Ad-Watch Live!
· Lavasoft SmartSet: Default settings based on our expert recommendations mean you are ‘good to go’ immediately after installation
· Lavasoft Toolbox: includes AutoStart Manager, ThreatWork, Process Watch and Hosts File Editor
· Real-time blocking and rootkit protection now also included with the Free version
· Available in English, Portuguese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, and Spanish, Traditional Chinese (new), Simplified Chinese (new), and Japanese (new).
· Coming Soon: Anti-Virus in the Free version!
The price of Ad-Aware remains unchanged at $26.95 for the Plus version and $39.95 for the Pro version. Deep discounts are available for multi-user licenses, and technical support is free. Lavasoft continues to distribute a Free version as a no-strings-attached option to ensure that all computer users are able to protect their privacy when connecting to the Internet. For a full performance report and competitive comparison, see http://www.lavasoft.com/company/pdf/ad-aware_ae_performance.pdf
All valid licenses for Ad-Aware receive a free update to the new version.
Founded in 1999, Lavasoft is “the original anti-spyware company”, with over 350 million downloads worldwide for the flagship Ad-Aware product. A private company headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, Lavasoft provides innovative security solutions for consumer and business channels, including anti-spyware, anti-virus, registry optimization, firewall, digital shredding, and encryption.